July 16, 2013

The Amazing Tubular Wall! *Starring Bella the Bunny*


Finally, the wall is complete!


You've watched it's progress... from cardboard tubes, to two-toned cylinders, to a composition of stacked circles. My primary goal was to create a functional product that also showcased my artwork. Now here it is... a piece of furniture and a sculpture.


The wall is composed of cylindrical compartments--three inner tubes house my artwork, and the others are meant to be filled like a shelf. As I looked for props, I found the wall quite versatile as it easily accommodated books, scarves, candle holders, and incense.


I discovered new creative possibilities by using additional circular containers to hold smaller items like pencils and business cards. Then looking at the interesting negative spaces, emerged even more room to place things!


And look, it even fits a bunny! I just happened to be babysitting Bella when I did this photoshoot. She's been perfectly content for hours now, sitting in her new-found happy spot :)


I'm interested to know your ideas! How would you use this tubular wall in your home?

6 comments:

  1. Love it Pam! The wall, your art work and the bunny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cecilia! And they love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's SO pretty! I want one!

    (I mean the wall, but I'd take the bunny too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm definitely open to making more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:43 pm

    I love this! I think you should send it to Apartment Therapy. Such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete